1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root GPS help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marcmandat, Sep 19, 2013.

1. marcmandat

marcmandat Well-Known Member

I recently flashed my phone back to slimstock from cm10 and now my GPS isn't working. It won't lock on and it's not seeing any satellites. Can someone please help me?

Advertisement

2. GTurn

GTurn Android Enthusiast

I have the same problem . Can't figure it out.

3. This is my second avid, and I've had gps problems with both. Simply cannot get a lock at all.

4. KutuluKid

KutuluKid Well-Known Member

I have had to reset the phone in order to get lock. Kinda like the screen rotation issue.

5. Vasolini

Vasolini Newbie

I have the same phone, same problem. It was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago. I have tried everything. I even returned the phone under warranty, got the new one and have the same exact issue, always searching for GPS. I wondered if it was due to the merging of the networks with T-Mobile, but my wife's Samsung Admire works just fine. It's weird that all these ZTE Avids are doing this, and that Metro doesn't even carry that phone anymore.... I bought mine in February. I am now saving $$ to get an S3 or 4.

6. Vasolini

Vasolini Newbie

UPDATE: Today I had to take my daughter to a friends house about 15 miles away. Even though the GPS couldn't find a signal, I programmed the address in and decided to just go anyway. It wasn't able to lock on at first, but it occasionally would locate where I was. I found the friends house and the GPS caught up to me. So, sitting in their driveway, I programmed my home address in the GPS, (even though I knew my way back). As I was driving back, the GPS started working correctly and following along where I was on the map! I drove a few more places, each time putting the address into the GPS. Now it locks on and works flawlessly! I don't know if I forced it to download new info, or something changed on the Metro/T-Moblie network, but it seems that forcing it to work by driving around town did the trick! It even recalculated the route instantly while I was driving if I took a different turn. :D Happy, happy, happy. Maybe this will work for someone else having this issue.

7. Mine its starting to lock too. I haven't had chance to really test it, but its getting a lock INSIDE, which is a good sign. I did put on maps and just key it run for a while. I woke up the phone every free minutes during that time. Cheese I hope its working again.

8. Well, it locks right away at maps start up, but won't maintain a lock, making navigation useless. Sigh...

Tags: