1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

GPS Icon on status bar?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by radioz, Dec 2, 2009.

1. radioz

radioz Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I have a strange problem. I have my GPS turned off, yet the gps icon on the status bar is still on. What's up with that?

I verified that the GPS was off in Settings. I turned it on (sucessfully) and then off again (verified) and yet the icon is still being displayed. Rather strange. I'll try a power cycle to see if that changes it.

[It is gone after a power cycle. I don't know when it showed up. Perhaps after updating Google Maps tonight]

radioz

Advertisement

2. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Security
    Mulberry, FL
    It did that to me yesterday. I didn't have to power cycle, though. I just shut GPS off, then turned it back on.

It just so happens that I updated google maps yesterday as well, but I can't remember what time these two situations were, so I can't add to any speculation that it was the update that did it.

3. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Electronics/Electrician
    WA
    this happens to me every once and awhile when using parking and tracking gps apps. i have closed the program i was using and everything but the gps icon stays on. to fix it i usually open gmaps then close it a few seconds later and it takes the icon off the notification bar. i don't usually turn gps off in the settings since i use it a lot.