1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GPS Icon on status bar?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by radioz, Dec 2, 2009.

1. radioz

radioz Newbie

I have a strange problem. I have my GPS turned off, yet the gps icon on the status bar is still on. What's up with that?

I verified that the GPS was off in Settings. I turned it on (sucessfully) and then off again (verified) and yet the icon is still being displayed. Rather strange. I'll try a power cycle to see if that changes it.

[It is gone after a power cycle. I don't know when it showed up. Perhaps after updating Google Maps tonight]

radioz

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Fadelight

Fadelight Android Expert

It did that to me yesterday. I didn't have to power cycle, though. I just shut GPS off, then turned it back on.

It just so happens that I updated google maps yesterday as well, but I can't remember what time these two situations were, so I can't add to any speculation that it was the update that did it.

3. BottledHate

BottledHate Android Enthusiast

this happens to me every once and awhile when using parking and tracking gps apps. i have closed the program i was using and everything but the gps icon stays on. to fix it i usually open gmaps then close it a few seconds later and it takes the icon off the notification bar. i don't usually turn gps off in the settings since i use it a lot.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews