1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GPS is useless

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anzackiwi, Apr 18, 2012.

1. anzackiwi

anzackiwi Newbie

Hello,
    I have had my Galaxy Note for about 2 months now and while I love it I think the GPS is useless. I live in South Korea and have the LTE version. I am wondering does anyone know if the South Korea version has a different GPS to the international version? I ask because I have used about 6 different running apps and none are accurate. I zigzag everywhere, jump buildings and don't start where I actually started. Out in the open, clear sky, no clouds and the GPS can't find me? Seems to work better in the morning than in the evening. Even the pre-installed Google maps keeps moving my location when I am standing still and is only accurate to 2600meters. At first I thought it was just an app issue but when 6 apps fail to be accurate I am beginning to think it could be a Samsung / Android issue. I had previously used most of the running apps on my Iphone 3GS and it was MUCH more accurate. I am thinking that the Android / Samsung GPS is just not as good as the iPhone. Does anyone have similar issues, is there anything I can do or should I just wait for ICS and hope that fixes it. I am using the latest Gingerbread and I don't want to root my phone. If anyone wants to comment then that would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ryandelman

ryandelman Well-Known Member

Samsung Galaxy Note LTE Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews