1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support GPS Issue?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chevanlol360, Feb 11, 2014.

1. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    Hey folks i've got your sister phone the LG Optimus F7 and im trying to see if any other F phones have a GPS issue? Theres a Big GPS issue with the F7, it takes a long to time lock and when it actually does, it only stays locked for like 10 seconds max and then starts to search for a signal again. Im not the only F7 users with the issue hundreds of people have said it in reviews all over the place so im trying to figure out if any other F7 phone has a GPS issue. Also can someone go to /system/etc and upload the GPS.conf file please? thanks

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Run GPS Status. A GPS receiver has 12 channels, not one, so it's not searching for "a" signal, it's searching for at least 5 of 12 signals. GPS Status (free at Play) will show you what the receiver is actually receiving, so at least you'll have an idea of what's happening. If there are no signals, I'd guess a bad antenna connection. If there are 5 or 6 satellites and no signal that's a software problem. (There are so many things that can go wrong wih a GPS receiver, from aluminum facing on the attic insulation to noisy BPS signals that it's easier for you to guess the serial number of he first dollar bill in my wallet than it is for me to guess wha's causing your GPS problem. But GPS Status will give you a lot of information about what's going on.)

3. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Male
    tech videos/ Dev'ing
    new york
    Trust me bro i've tried everything in the book nothing helps. it goes get gps signals and after a while it connects to them but it has a problem staying locked and many others can back me up on thin since its all over the web in reviews of this phone.