1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Gps issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fizzinator, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Fizzinator

Fizzinator Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    I'm currently having problems with my.GPS showing the wrong location. This happened two days ago and I can't resolve the problem.

As you all know Android phone or other devices use internal GPS for almost everything.

Now, my problem...

I live in Texas and it used to triangulate my position perfectly. Until two days ago. Now my GPS shows i'm in Sainte-Julie, Canada and it WILL NOT change my location. I've tried disabling the GPS, taking out the battery, clearing it cache. I even went as so far as doing a factory reset on the phone its self. But to my avail, nothing works..

If you know anything that might help resolve this issue, please let me know.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster/Web Design & Data Entry
    Atlanta, GA
    Well sorry to hear, this sounds like a very strange problem. You've already done most of the things I'd recommend. Any idea what caused this, any application, any widget? Is your phone rooted? If so did you mess around with any system files?

3. Phil42

Phil42 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Have you tried resetting the GPS? I've never had my GPS get lost as much as you're lost, but have had problems with the GPS which were cleared by resetting it.

Here's a thread on how to do it.

4. Fizzinator

Fizzinator Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    No, my phone is not rooted and I really would like to keep it that way. I have also tried resetting the GPS using "GPS Status".

From what I read it was supposed to erase everything and reset it back to its original funcuality but that didnt work either.

5. Fizzinator

Fizzinator Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    No.applications could have caused this (except google maps?) and the only widget I have that uses it is "fancy widgets"

6. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2011
    Male
    Webmaster/Web Design & Data Entry
    Atlanta, GA
    Your phone probably has a defect, if you still have warranty I suggest exchanging it for another one.

7. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    If you haven't done so I would launch something like Google Maps and see where that locates you. Might want to check the Time & Date and make sure it is set to automatic (maybe set it manually to the correct time zone and time). Might also turn off Google Location Services.

Also when you look at GPS Status - how many satellites does it locate?

8. TRS-80

TRS-80 Android Enthusiast
    None

Follow the instructions in the above linked thread. Nothing in that thread requires rooting, as far as I recall. Then report back. Taking the phone back to the store should always be the last resort.

lwaz12a likes this.
  9. lwaz12a

lwaz12a Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2012
    I wish I would have seen this longer ago. Thank you for the very clear and helpful post. I saw your note that you were moving on to some other things, but thank you once again if you're still out there!:)