• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS Location Issues (Off by Countries)

I'm not sure that this is a major problem, or maybe just because of my location in my office, but recently my Evo has begun to think I'm in completely different and random locations while I'm at work. I know I can't get a GPS lock in my building (tested using GPS Test), but I would think the phone would somewhat remember my relative location. The GPS will lock almost instantly the second I walk out the door, or move closer to the window, but sitting at my desk causes my phone to completely lose it's bearings. Because the phone is so integrated with its location awareness it's causing my clock to change (I use the "my location" setting).

Almost daily now, I can expect to be in a different city, state, or country depending on what my phone thinks. I live and work in Orlando, FL, but my phone currently has me pegged somewhere in California (3 hour time difference on my clock). Last week my phone had me in Australia, China, Maine, and somewhere in the Middle East. I really can't find a solution for what is going on.

When checking out google maps, the phone is certain I am in these places. It has me pinpointed with the GPS bubble, not the approximate radius location.

I can get the phone to go back to my home location by turning airplane mode on, letting it sit and come back, but almost instantly, the phone re-locks to another completely incorrect GPS location.

Has anybody had any issues similar to this, or heard anything like this?
I could understand off by a few hundred feet, or saying location unavailable, but this is off by thousands of miles.

Currently, I'm running rooted Fresh 3.2. (note that this issue was occurring before I rooted and flashed).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones