• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS locking SLOW!

Hey guys
Just got the MyTouch 4g last week. Overall LOVING it!

However I'm having trouble with my GPS taking a long time to lock in, even when outdoors, clear view of the sky, not moving.

The first day it locked super quick, even indoors. After that it started to take ages (3-8 minutes). I got the app GPS booster. It would give me the message "GPS booster failed to load", but seemed to work - GPS would now lock within 30 seconds (I was able to find reports from others of GPS booster giving the message that it failed, but then still actually work).

But, after a few days, GPS booster stopped working, and I'm back to long lock times. Looking around online, it looks like HTC phones may not be supported with GPS booster... so either I got lucky, and GPS booster did work for me, even if only for a few days, or it was just a coincidence that I was able to get good lock in times.

Either way, this is VERY frustrating! Any tips, or any other apps that work well for improving GPS lock times?

Once GPS location locks in, it's very accurate. Better than my 2 year old Garmin.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones