1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

gps not working after screen replaced on htc desire

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ajps, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ajps

ajps Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    I followed the you tube guide on replacing a shattered screen (on my daughter's phone) and was so pleased with myself that everything was working until I tried google navigation. Interestingly, before I tried to navigate the phone suggested an upgrade to 2.2 which I did immediately after swithching it on, maybe this prevented it from locking on to a satellite? (HTC Desire-model A8181)

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

I am not aware of any recurring GPS problems with the Desire, but you might want to check with the folks in HTC Desire - Android Forums. They will know for certain.

3. ajps

ajps Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2011
    Thanks for the welcome and advice!
    Yes, someone posted the answer! It was the antenna cable which I had not plugged back during reassembly, you just have to carefully follow all the instructions in reverse and not let your excitement about the success of your "repair" get the better of you.

4. goslings

goslings Newbie
    None

May 14, 2010
    I had my screen replaced sometime ago, and I noticed about a month or so later the GPS stopped working (dish just flashes and no location found). I thought it was because I upgraded android at the same time. Now I read you comment and I am thinking maybe this is what they forgot to do.
    Where are these instructions and if I take out the small screws will it be obvious ??
    thanks
    Ian