• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gps not working after screen replaced on htc desire

ajps

Lurker
Dec 31, 2011
I followed the you tube guide on replacing a shattered screen (on my daughter's phone) and was so pleased with myself that everything was working until I tried google navigation. Interestingly, before I tried to navigate the phone suggested an upgrade to 2.2 which I did immediately after swithching it on, maybe this prevented it from locking on to a satellite? (HTC Desire-model A8181)

Thanks for the welcome and advice!
Yes, someone posted the answer! It was the antenna cable which I had not plugged back during reassembly, you just have to carefully follow all the instructions in reverse and not let your excitement about the success of your "repair" get the better of you.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome and advice!
Yes, someone posted the answer! It was the antenna cable which I had not plugged back during reassembly, you just have to carefully follow all the instructions in reverse and not let your excitement about the success of your "repair" get the better of you.

I had my screen replaced sometime ago, and I noticed about a month or so later the GPS stopped working (dish just flashes and no location found). I thought it was because I upgraded android at the same time. Now I read you comment and I am thinking maybe this is what they forgot to do.
Where are these instructions and if I take out the small screws will it be obvious ??
thanks
Ian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones