• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS not working in Maxx

droptine

Lurker
Apr 14, 2012
OK, my maps have been off by several blocks for a while now - maybe even since I got the razr maxx.

Finally realized my GPS is not working (or on).

The GPS widget says "On" but there is no GPS icon on my taskbar, and when I try to do directions in the map, it just says "looking for gps".

I can't seem to find where to manage GPS?

Help!

That's what I thought, but "google location services" "Standalone GPS services" and "VZW location services" are all checked.

The only things not checked there are share picture location, allow bluetooth bypass, and use secure credentials.

Thats why I'm so baffled.

Still no GPS, and Ive restarted too.

Upvote 0
That's what I thought, but "google location services" "Standalone GPS services" and "VZW location services" are all checked.

The only things not checked there are share picture location, allow bluetooth bypass, and use secure credentials.

Thats why I'm so baffled.

Still no GPS, and Ive restarted too.

Pick ONE - leave the others off. I usually go with the Standalone GPS as the other two say they "phone home"

Upvote 0
Just picked up my Razr Maxx yesterday. (Had a DINC). I played around a bit this morning. I usually leave Google location services on. If I do that and turn on GPS, it won't pick up the satellites. As soon as I turn off Google location service, it can pick up the satellites. On my DINC, I would leave Google location services on all the time and turn on GPS when needed. Worked fine on the DINC. I did not have to turn off Google location services.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones