1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General GPS not working [Marshmallow, 6.0]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rephiscorth, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Rephiscorth

Rephiscorth Newbie
    Feb 1, 2011

Feb 1, 2011
    My GPS doesn't work. It almost always says "GPS signal lost" on apps like Waze and Pokemon GO; it's like it works and then suddenly loses signal and never gets it back. However, it DOES work on Google Maps and it seems it works perfectly there; so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

My phone is not rooted, it has the stock OTA update Marshmallow version "6.0", with system version 24.41.34.titan-retuglb.retuglb.en.US.retus

However, when I first got 5.0.2 OTA updated, since it pretty much was unusable due to the memory leak bug, I unloaded the bootloader and flashed a nighly version of Cyanogenmod. After some days, I flashed back KitKat 4.4.4; Then I received 5.0.2, 5.1 and 6.0 through the OTA update (the auto updater on the Settings app).

Any ideas what could be wrong? maybe I have to flash a different.. modem? or something like that?

Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen)

The second generation Moto G launched in September of 2014. It's the successor to the original Moto G released in 2013. The Moto G 2nd Gen features a 5.0-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 8GB of storage, 1GB RAM, 8MP rear camera, 2 MP front facing camera, and a 2,070 mAh battery.