1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

GPS not working with some cases?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Glancing Aft, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Glancing Aft

Glancing Aft New Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Not sure this has been posted or not since I hadn't read all of the GPS threads up till now since I didn't think I was having a problem...

When I got the phone I wasn't using a case and the thing locked on to GPS right away. Then I purchased that clear plastic case at&t is selling in their stores. GPS was fine but I hated the case so today I returned it to get the rubber body glove one that was being sold. Tonight I tried using the GPS and suddenly it's not locking on, and when it does lock on it's way off...

Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement

2. Chromag

Chromag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    I don't think it has anything to do with the case. When I first got my phone the GPS worked great. After a few days it got slower and slower locking on. I did a factory reset and it started working again and has started to slow down the lock times. But it is still locking on when in my car and outdoors - it just takes 15 or so seconds to lock

3. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Broadcast Engineer
    Dallas, TX
    My captivate had intermittent issues with GPS. Regardless of what case I had. One day/hour/minute it'd work just fine, and the next, I couldn't get a lock at all. Think it's just randomness.

4. mi04se1

mi04se1 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    White Lake, MI
    My gps only works sometimes with no case. When I was using my Iphone with TomTom, I first had a case. With the case on, I had no or very little gps reception. Took the case off and the gps was perfect. So what Im trying to say is a case probably would affect it.