1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GPS not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Somiac, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Somiac

Somiac Newbie

My GPS doesn't seem to work AT ALL. It worked for the first couple weeks, and now no matter what even the little satellite symbol wont show up when it should try searching for my location??

I've tried all the updates, PRL, System, Firmware, nothing works, any idea how to fix?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert

Back up your stuff and try a hard reset to make sure an app isn't causing the problem. If it fixes it, add the apps back slowly trying gps after each install to see which app caused the problem, if it doesnt help take the phone back.

3. xxINFIDELxx

xxINFIDELxx Well-Known Member

I am an outside sales rep and have been using the phone exclusively as my GPS and haven't had a problem only time I briefly lost signal was in the store while in my office which is brick and block and has a steel roof. I have heard of others having problems with this and Wi-Fi but my phone has been great. I'm using the Samsung Infuse car dock which has been pretty useful and the phone fits in it nice and snug, just have to take it out of the TPU case which isn't really a problem. I'd try a back up and factory reset and see if that works, if not see if they'll swap out a new one at Sprint.

4. MetaX

MetaX Newbie

Okay I will try a hard reset...sadness > < will post back if it works.

5. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

I had my GPS fail only once. When that happened i went into airplane mode, then turned it back off restoring my wireless connections. I then turned GPS, OFF, waited a few seconds, then back on.
    GPS has worked fine ever since. .

da man likes this.
  6. mj.wolf

mj.wolf Lurker

I discovered that encrypting my data caused GPS to stop working. After decrypting both internal and sd card, GPS resumed working.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

GPS wouldn't lock today, tried this and it instantly locked. Thanks!

8. hwyix

hwyix Lurker

+1
    Me too. Thanks.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I've been trying to spread this solution around as well. Ya, the GPS bug is annoying, but this is a really fast and easy fix, especially if you have an airplane mode widget on one of your home screens.

10. elchinoloco

elchinoloco Lurker

I just tried it and it didn't work for me. I had to turn my phone off then on to see any satellite.

11. Roman PC

Roman PC Lurker

Hi.

I am having the same problem in a Xiaomi Redmi 4x (Global Version). The GPS only takes signal if I put the airplane mode and applications like Waze and Google Maps never receive/give an accurate position.

I have already tried multiple solutions, deleting data from AGPS, establishing zone for AGPS, even reset the phone to its factory state and it still does not work.

The only thing I have left is the solution provided by IAmSixNine, and if that does not work I will return it to Android 6, which is the version that cames from factory. It was updated to 7 some weeks ago.

If I find the solution I will put it here.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews