1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GPS on Incredible S

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MartinS, Mar 7, 2011.

1. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

Hi, I'm thinking of going for the Incredible S. The main reason is that I want to use Google Navigation as my primary Sat Nav. The Nexus One always performed really well, but I have a load of issues with the Nexus S and it's weak satellite pick up.

Please can you confirm if the fix is good or not and also, no freezing from the Navigation app. Also, if you are using a car mount - the car mount seems to hamper the fix on the Nexus S.

Thanks, Martin.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Android Expert

I use CoPilot and it works excellently, the sound is loud and clear and the screen is bright and easy to read. My cradle held it with no problems, but I will have to change it as it covers the charging socket. The GPS fix is very quick, even indoors.

MartinS likes this.
  3. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

Thank you. The Nexus S is as near to eBay as you can get without actually being on it!!!

By the way - check out Brodit for a release of a proper custom cradle. I've had one for Nexus One and Nexus S. They are really very good.

4. GPS works brilliantly. Actually I never had a GPS (various Garmins, Hero) that locked so fast on the satellites. Even the first time it took only about 3 seconds.

5. I just used my GPS to locate my location

6. TeresaTT

TeresaTT Newbie

I've been trying out the GPS on my new Incredible S and it won't work in the car. It picks up a signal after a while outdoors but cuts out as soon as I take it in the car. I had no such problems with my Touch HD which even worked indoors. Is my phone faulty?

I upgraded to Abdroid 2.2.3 as soon as I got the phone so I don't know how the GPS was before. It picks up wifi very well and I can use it half way down the garden.

Is there anything I can do to help the GPS?

Teresa

7. TeresaTT

TeresaTT Newbie

Swapped the phone with a replacement and this one seems to work fine now. Even after updating to gingerbread.

HTC Incredible S Forum

The HTC Incredible S release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews