• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GPS Problem Locating you..look here

Rons

Dec 22, 2009
Ok I had a nice post, very detailed but the site timed out on me and I lost it all. Here is the very short version.

Right now I am on NexbeastFRF57( thanks FABO and PETE ) and have upgraded to the newest baseband ( Thanks MDW/P3).

I have tried several Froyo roms and they all load fine on my phone.

Recently GPS had trouble with " my Location " and the Google "Near me now" and Navigation would struggle for a GPS fix. Sometime it was unavailable.

App called GPS status confirmed a 0/2 satellite fix i would get 1 or 2 .
But previously satellites have been plenty.

I tried all the checks and fixes...Take my word for it.

I ran the latest and greatest baseband since it dropped.

Basically I downgraded my baseband with Billygalbreath's ( thanks Billy) updatezip.
The result is :

GPS is working as it should.
Everthing works, not only that but my browser is loading up pages faster, definitely faster. No doubt.

By coincidence??? App GPS status is showing a steady 8/8 satellite fix . Sometimes more sometimes less but there are more with more FIXes on satellites.

Thanks to everyone here. Hope this helps someone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones