• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pealla

Lurker
Sep 7, 2011
Hi,

Having a strange problem with my Verizon 4G LTE 10.1. When I boot the tablet the satellite GPS works but as soon as I turn on wifi it stops working. If I then turn off wifi it continues *not* to work until I reboot.

I have installed GPS Test app from the market and when it is not working it will occasionally see one or two satellites but will not ever see enough to get a fix.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

Thanks

Hey ALP,

It is checked.

Now this *is* strange. If I disconnect the router, reboot then turn on wifi the GPS works, it's only when the router is reconnected and so the tablet can get out onto the internet that the GPS is lost.

What would the tablet be doing out there that would shut down the GPS? It would go looking for a time server? I believe all these settings are in GPS.conf, need to have a sniff around there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones