• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FaroeseViking

Oct 15, 2010
Flushing, NY
As amazing as this phone has been, its now starting to give me problems with GPS whenever I'm using any of the native google apps. Both google maps and navigator are refusing to find a lock unless I reboot, after having only been on for a few days. I left it on and fully out in the open just to see if it would ever find a lock for over an hour and no such luck. This is a deal breaker for me and is the only reason I had to give up on my Moto Triumph, which I LOVED. My Motion worked flawlessly up until about 2 weeks ago, and I hope other phones have this problem too so there would be a fix on the way, or its just one of my other apps interfering. As a side note, whenever I access The Weather Chanel through the widget, (not directly through the app) my GPS icon won't shut off. I have to go into the app controller and shut the entire app off. I don't think any of the GPS fixer apps should be neccesary as the problem has only recently arisen. In short, any help, ideas or solid intel would be highly appreciated. I do love this phone.

All Software is up to date.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones