1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

gps question , and sd card.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Burosaka, May 3, 2011.

1. Burosaka

Burosaka Newbie
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    heya guys. i have a question , why can`t i use ANY (that i could find) app for my phone (a samsung i5500 -galaxy 550 - ) that receives gps signal , without beeing logged in a wi-fi network , or 3g from my provider. i thought that the gps signal is free , and the phone having one receiver, i could use it for free.

and another question , i went mad on downloading apps for my phone ( first time smartphone user ) at some point the internal mem got full , but i have a sd 1gb card in it , how could i set the phone to use the sd card as a default storage and instaling space ?

thnx a bunch , and sry for the grammar.

Advertisement

2. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    GPS - Wifi network or the Mobile network (3G) help the GPS to get a faster signal. You can use an app without using the networks, but it may take longer to get a lock.
    For example, if you try GPS Test application or any of the offline SatNav software like Copilot, you can get a GPS lock without being connected to data networks.

SD Card - the card is used to store you personal data and only some part of the application data. The applications themselves get installed on internal memory.
    If you phone is on Android v2.2, then you can move most of the apps from internal memory to SD card.

3. Burosaka

Burosaka Newbie
    None

Apr 25, 2011
    thnx, u really helped, i`m gonna look Copilot up .
    can`t find copilot in android market ... any other program that could help ?

anyone?