• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS question

Is there a way to get total distance to destination on the Google GPS? It displays total time to destination and distance to next turn, but not total distance to destination.

That is not a Google GPS question. There is no such thing as 'Google GPS'. You probably mean this as a question about the Google Navigation app. It is a navigation app question.

Upvote 0
OK. Whatever you say.
The distinction is important whether you get it or not. The GPS receiver and your GPS app are entirely separate entities. You'll have better luck with discussions if you don't blow off others trying to inform you. Google has nothing to do with your GPS receiver. They have everything to do with Google Maps/Nav.

We can infer from context that "Google GPS" means Google Maps/Nav but even Google makes far more than just one GPS-enabled app. Being clear on what you mean benefits you.

I played with Google Nav yesterday. I was surprised it was working a well a it did, however, it doesn't track, I had to manually move the screen, that wasn't convenient when traveling 70 mph.
Google Nav does automatically. You're referring to Google Maps. If you want Maps to pan with your movements you need to hit the button at the top right (to the right of the Layers button):

google_maps_update_45_1.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones