1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GPS Rebooting Issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by keerf, Dec 29, 2009.

1. keerf

keerf Member

Hi All,

I seem to have a weird issue, with what I think I can only pinpoint (at the moment anyway) as a GPS bug? It seems to happen (not all the time, very random) when I unlock the phone. I will unlock the phone, I see the GPS icon pop up, and the phone hard locks itself and reboots.

When this first happened, I thought it might of been my weatherbug widget. So I removed that, and the phone worked perfectly. It happened again tonight, with nothing but a pandora widget and calendar widget running.

Mind you this is the 3rd handset I have gone through now, and I'm starting to wonder if I am just installing bad apps, or I am just getting some really crappy luck with handsets.

Any thoughts or idea what I might want to try doing? I've tried a new micro sd card, I haven't done a factory reset. Any other ideas what might be causing the issues?

2. JustDriftin

JustDriftin Well-Known Member

I would start deleting apps in the order you installed them and see if the problem clears up. Especially apps that have/need a lot of permissions.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews