• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS says i'm under water

ILoveMyDroid

Android Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2010
I have a droid. i usually keep my gps turned off via power manager widget and when i turn it on to pull up google maps and test the location, it says my location is on the middle of the mississippi river (which is obviously not where i am>

I've tried rebooting, but it only seems to pop back when i'm in the car. even when im in the car it shows my location on the side of the road instead of on it. these false pin-points of my location range 1-3 miles.

help?

I have a droid. i usually keep my gps turned off via power manager widget and when i turn it on to pull up google maps and test the location, it says my location is on the middle of the mississippi river (which is obviously not where i am>

I've tried rebooting, but it only seems to pop back when i'm in the car. even when im in the car it shows my location on the side of the road instead of on it. these false pin-points of my location range 1-3 miles.

help?
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones