• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS Setting - Follow me mode?

Roroco

Nov 10, 2009
OK... There is not real reason for me to care about this, but when I am driving - and do not need directions - I like to have the GPS show the "behind me" view of the map when following. So far, I can only get it to follow me from the overhead view. Is there a trick to get this view while driving?

So far it looks like that view only works if you program a destination.

i was looking for that today :( google has alot to work on before i ditch my garmin! i want custom POI's i want different folders to put them in. i want a POI's section so i can find gas, food, parking. i want an altitude reading. i want MORE!!!

Custom POIs can be done through Google Maps.

While there isn't a POI section within Google Maps, there are apps (like "Places") that will allow you navigate to certain POIs such as gas stations, food, movie theaters, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones