1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

gps signal N/A connectbot and reset nothing still

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dannytech_lt, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dannytech_lt

dannytech_lt Well-Known Member

i need help ive even searched forums doing everything ive read and still no help

the navi on my s2 just doesnt work anymore .. its always losing gps signal and searching for it

ive downloaded connect bot recalibrated my gps.. still didnt work.. than i did a mnufacture reset.. getting my MRL code or something

and still my navi just doesnt work .. ive even tried using different navigation's and some work better than others but nothing at best

honestly what do i do? navi used to be flawless up until 2 months ago

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. someguyatx

someguyatx Well-Known Member

Take it back to sprint store under warranty. Call first if you dont know what store is your local service center.

3. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

I going to guess your on software version EL29. Its the most recent official update to come from Samsung.
    This update has been known to mess up GPS on some devices.
    A fix for me was to stock root, stay on EL29 Kernel and ROM, and put in a different modem.
    Its not as hard as it seems actually. I found FC15 Modem to be excellent for 3G data, 4G data, GPS and voice signal.
    Search here or go to XDA Forums and search for it.

4. Netcat

Netcat Android Enthusiast

ConnectBot is not for fixing GPS problems. ConnectBot is a secure shell client for the Android platform. It's goal is to create a secure connection through which you can use a shell on a remote machine and transfer files back and forth to your phone. This isn't going to help your GPS get a lock.

Try using "GPS Status" from the Android Market. When you are outside with a clear view of the sky, open GPS Status then go to menu, tools, manage A-GPS state, then reset, then download. Wait a minute or so for it to lock on then try your favorite nav. program again. If this doesn't work the first time, turn the phone off then back on then repeat using GPS Status. This always works for me when the GPS fails to get a lock.

M5Rahul likes this.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews