• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

acsimon

Lurker
Apr 14, 2010
Received an update on my Eris a few days back for Google Maps (I think that was the application that was targeted). Since then, when I use the Navigator the GPS has had a problem connecting. Sometimes it searches for a GPS signal for almost 30 minutes. I'm in the heart of Denver and have not had this problem before the update. Did anyone else update and are now having connection issues?

you can try downloading gps status from the market and use it to reset the agps. to do it

1. launch gps status
2. hit menu -> settings
3. hit the "GPS & SENSORS" menu item
4. hit "Manage A-GPS state"
5. hit "reset" and then once reset hit "download"
6. Once that is complete hit the back button and then lay the phone down on a flat surface.
7. hit the "Calibrate roll and pitch"

I usually restart the phone after doing all this and then once restarted try out google maps again. My phone was taking 2-5 minutes to lock and now it's like seconds.

Upvote 0
you can try downloading gps status from the market and use it to reset the agps. to do it

1. launch gps status
2. hit menu -> settings
3. hit the "GPS & SENSORS" menu item
4. hit "Manage A-GPS state"
5. hit "reset" and then once reset hit "download"
6. Once that is complete hit the back button and then lay the phone down on a flat surface.
7. hit the "Calibrate roll and pitch"

I usually restart the phone after doing all this and then once restarted try out google maps again. My phone was taking 2-5 minutes to lock and now it's like seconds.
Wow what a difference this makes. My gps was locking on fine, but it's almost instantly after downloading and doing this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones