• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gps stopped working?

My phone seems to get lost after OTA updates. I can fire up GPS Status and it shows satellites available, but just won't acquire and lock on for a long time (5-10 minutes). Once if finally makes that first lock it goes back to the usual quick connection.

I guess it can't hurt to check the screws, but was your issue similar or were you having constant GPS issue?

Upvote 0
My phone seems to get lost after OTA updates. I can fire up GPS Status and it shows satellites available, but just won't acquire and lock on for a long time (5-10 minutes). Once if finally makes that first lock it goes back to the usual quick connection.

I guess it can't hurt to check the screws, but was your issue similar or were you having constant GPS issue?

Same issue here. I thought it was just myself having a gps issue after the June 2nd ota update.... The most recent ota did not fix it either.... Nor did the most annoying factory reset ever....

Upvote 0
After the update gps won't work on either of my s3's. Just says searching for gps constantly.

That's what mine did, too. I just turned on a GPS app (I use GPS Status) and let it search until it locked on. For whatever reason, it takes a long time (like 5 minutes or more) for it to lock onto GPS after a major update. I don't know if this is related to the loose screw issue or separate, but it is annoying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones