1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support GPS stuck on after OTA update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SeekerOfTheWay, Jul 10, 2011.

1. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Bealls
    Florida
    I turned all location services on to check out Google Map accuracy. Turned them all off shortly after, however the icon at the of my screen indicates that GPS is still ON.

A reboot didn't fix this. Anyone else have this issue after the OTA update?

Advertisement

2. boilator

boilator Member
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    If you have what looks like a bullseye and small arrow tips then that indicates gps is turned off. If you have the same icon with two partial arched circled on the right side and one tip is missing then gps is turned on. Google's location service does not have an icon. The standalone and verizon location gps services use the icon I mentioned above with the arches. Your phone appears to be normal. For verification, look for the owner's manual for the TB. It lists all the icons.

Lator

3. SeekerOfTheWay

None

Jun 12, 2011
    Bealls
    Florida
    That I knew. I have the target with the semi circles, indicating It Is all on. But I unchecked all. Probably just a glitch in the icon. Google Latitude isn't refreshing so it must be off.

4. boilator

boilator Member
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    Oh, so even though you have the standalone and verizon gps turned off you still have the arched circles on the right side? Interesting. Have you tried to factory reset?

I'm sorry I wasn't able to assist. Just thought when I explained the icons that you may not have been aware.

On a side note and not meant to rub it in, my GPS was locked in to my location (inside my house) in as fast as it took me to hit the GPS icon to turn GPS on and then go to the maps application to see where I was in the world... very fast. Maybe the fastest I've seen it yet. Oh, and very accurate.

Lator

5. boilator

boilator Member
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    One more thing. The icon will remain at the top though all GPS services are stopped.

Lator

6. SeekerOfTheWay

None

Jun 12, 2011
    Bealls
    Florida
    My GPS is fast ane accurate thankfully. It's not too big a deal, not enough to do a factory reset. Thanks for your reply!

7. SeekerOfTheWay

None

Jun 12, 2011
    Bealls
    Florida
    Is anyone else having this issue after the MR2 update? My GPS does turn off, but the GPS icon always indicates that it's on. A reboot fixes it, making the icon function until the next time i turn Gps on, then off. Indicator sticks on again.

anyone?

8. snuggles

snuggles Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Chicago/NW Indiana
    My GPS acquires the signal and routes very fast now but I get "GPS signal lost" way to much now!!! Is anybody having a problem keeping the GPS signal and is there a solution?

I don't know which is worse, waiting 5 minutes to acquire a signal or the constant dropping of the signal. WTMF!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

9. Schlabbalabba

Schlabbalabba Newbie
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Groton, Connecticut
    I just did the update last night... Now I get a fix in under ten seconds, not three minutes...

10. SeekerOfTheWay

None

Jun 12, 2011
    Bealls
    Florida
    My GPS works well still.

I figured out that my GPS isn't stuck on, it's just the GPS ob/off icon that get stuck. So, if I turn my GPS off, it does turn off, the the Icon shows it is still on. A reset fixes it.

Same goes for when I turn my GPS on. The icon shows it is off until i do a reboot. But the GPS itself does come on .