• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPS suddenly really really slow to acquire for Nav

I am seeing the same thing and so is my girlfriend and 2 of my other Droid buddies. We started seeing this with the last update to Google Maps I believe. 2 of us are running UD8.

I installed GPS Status and I can see it sitting there with limited data for about 3 or 4 minutes and then all the sudden it starts working. Weird.

Reactions: soulesschild
Upvote 0
Under 2.1 mine would get to where it would take a while to get a fix ad I'd reboot then it would be ok. 2.2 fixed that issue.
I leave location via networks off as it was so innacurate.

I leave both options checked because weather and other apps that use your general location are much faster with that option and don't have to cut on the GPS every time they update. It cuts down on battery use quite a bit when the GPS doesn't have to fire up in order for Weather Bug to give you "My Location" weather.

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0
I just look outside if I want to know the weather :)
But seriously, isn't weatherbug one of those known battery killers? My problem was the phone would always put me within three different zip codes using wilress position so anything location based was changing so much it wasted more battery power. With 2.2 the GPS gets a fix very fast unless I'm indoors so it doesn't seem to hurt battery life at all. I have gps enabled for the camera, anypost/pingdroid, etc.

Upvote 0
I am seeing the same thing and so is my girlfriend and 2 of my other Droid buddies. We started seeing this with the last update to Google Maps I believe. 2 of us are running UD8.

I installed GPS Status and I can see it sitting there with limited data for about 3 or 4 minutes and then all the sudden it starts working. Weird.

That is exactly the same problem for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones