1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support GPS vs. HDMIout

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ctena, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ctena

ctena Lurker
    None

Nov 11, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    This is a very interesting issue I seem to have run into.

Since getting the Samsung Infuse 4g in August I decided to modify my car entertainment system to be able to take the HDMI signal from my phone and have it display on car TVscreen. Except one small glitch....Infuse GPS signal cuts off once HDMI cable is plugged in.

I tried to plug it into my regular TV at home and the same thing with GPS happens. I called Samsung support and they said that for now there is no clear work around this. And they weren't sure if it's a hardware or software limitations.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    School
    Colorado
  3. ctena

ctena Lurker
    None

Nov 11, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    I saved about $3000 by not buying built in Nav system. With a small tweak that cost me $300 I was able to hook up my phone to Car TVscreen. This already works with an iPhone that I used to have.

So from what I understand, that once I root, and put the leaked Gingerbread on the Infuse, all will be golden?

4. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    School
    Colorado
    Probably. Make sure before you do any of this you actually understand what you are doing. This can help if you get in a badsituation (you probably will relax lol). Letting you know this problem you have may just be because the release still hasn't come, but probably not lol. Good luck.