1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gps won't lock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by derrabe, Dec 29, 2011.

1. derrabe

derrabe Well-Known Member

My gps has been flakey since I got my indulge. I was using it for navigation today and it kept dropping the satellites every 4 - 5 minutes. Then the phone locked up and I had to hard reboot it. Since then the gps won't find any satellites. I did the gpsxclr and used gps test nothing. I an in the middle of a field with a clear sky I should be getting lots of satellites. Is there anything else I can do before odining it and taking it in as defective to metro pcs. I am running basic with electric sheep, but the spotty signal has been going on since long before root.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tiede

tiede Android Expert

Make sure under Settings-> Location & Security, Standalone GPS and Google location services are both checked.
    Download GPS Essentials from the Market and try to see how many satellites your phone actually sees and whether they are used for a fix...
    Retry GPSCLRX. Reboot and check the # of satellites in GPS Essentials.
    Still nothing?
    Then download and install FasterFix from the market. (the app will request root access)
    Try viewing the number of satellites in GPS Essentials again. If it still does not work,
    we'll need to test what your sensors actually are doing in the background.
    Download AndroSensor from the market and check out if the sensors are working right.
    If the sensors work fine and you still got a flaky connection, even after all the steps previously described, then yeah... Take the phone back to Metro and convince them to exchange it.

3. derrabe

derrabe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advise but after disgust with the phone I went to metropcs before seeing this today and they opened a case on my phone. I should have an answer on what they are going to do in a few days. They tried to tell me that the gps not working is not a warranty issue. I was like what this is part of the hardware on the phone. So I will let you all know what they say.

Samsung Galaxy Indulge Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Indulge release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews