1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Gps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mi04se1, Apr 4, 2011.

1. mi04se1

mi04se1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    White Lake, MI
    I had my Inspire for over 30 days and worked great. I have root and everything was fine. I noticed a couple of days ago the gps is now horrible. Does anyone else have issues with gps? Should I return to stock and see what happens or should I exchange it?

Advertisement

2. roush611

roush611 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    My gps works pretty well. I takes a little longer then normal to lock ( about a minute to about a minute thirty) but that might be because I always leave it off unless I am using it.

3. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    i usually leave mine on and havent had any issues with the gps. i have been using it about once a week now since i got my inspire and absolutely no issues.

funny thing is now my captivate gps is working too, maybe it got inspire envy and decided to stop being a PITA and actually work??

4. jbl75202

jbl75202 Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2011
    I've only had the phone for about two weeks. I downloaded the Google Navigation app, and it worked GREAT for about a week. A couple of days ago, as I was driving, it suddenly starting "missing" where I was -- in other words, it assumed I was between a quarter to a half mile off of the highway I was on, and kept leaping on to the nearest side street, and trying to direct me through side streets back to the highway I was already really on. It was amusing for a little while, but the humor left pretty quickly.

Now, it just perpetually says it's "Searching for GPS." And the "Maps" app that came installed on the phone doesn't have a clue where I am, either.

I'm new to Android (just traded up from a four year old Crackberry), so I need to know -- is this an Android problem, or just a problem with Inspire phones generally, or just my particular phone. (By the way, the speaker-phone also sounds horrible, and HTC has already admitted to me they don't know why their phone doesn't work well with anyone's bluetooth devices.)

Thanks,

Jeff

5. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    you had to download the google nav app? mine came preinstalled with it

6. mi04se1

mi04se1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    White Lake, MI
    I took the sd card out and gps worked. Then I put the sd card back in and gps works......go figure.