• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Does your GPS work???

Without WiFi and 3G, my GPS is totally worthless.
How are you all doing?

Can anyone provide some help?

Thanks

My GPS works great!

I can get a lock in about 10 seconds and to within 10 metres or less of my position.

However, if you remove both data and wi-fi from the equation, the lock can take up to 20 minutes or more and the accuracy is about 500 metres.

This is to be expected because of the way that GPS works in mobile/cell phones to ascertain your position.

For more details about this, see here:-

How Does GPS Work In Cell Phones?

Hope this helps. :D

Reactions: Shofar
Upvote 0
My GPS works great!

I can get a lock in about 10 seconds and to within 10 metres or less of my position.

However, if you remove both data and wi-fi from the equation, the lock can take up to 20 minutes or more and the accuracy is about 500 metres.

This is to be expected because of the way that GPS works in mobile/cell phones to ascertain your position.

For more details about this, see here:-

How Does GPS Work In Cell Phones?

Hope this helps. :D

thanks however when traveling the Wifi does not connect as I am driving and the Data is both expensive and limited when I am not in my home country as now - at home I really don't need GPS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones