1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gradebook App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Aimy77, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Aimy77

Aimy77 Member

I'm super excited for the new tablets coming out with Honeycomb. That said, I'm also a teacher.... Wouldn't it be cool to walk around the room, checking homework on my tablet?!?!?!

I haven't seen any gradebook programs that I'm impressed with. The UIs are horrible and the interface is very superficial. With all this new technology coming out, an app for teachers would be met with a warm welcome :)

My 2 cents.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

As a student I think it could makes things easier for the teacher...so more work for us :p

In all seriousness I think it would definitely be cool and wouldn't be surprised to see a gradebook app specifically made for tablets. I wonder myself if the time will come when a pen and paper are no longer necessary in the classroom.

3. Aimy77

Aimy77 Member

Just saw some info about the initial retail price of the Xoom... *COUGH! Can't afford THAT on a teacher's salary! :(

4. avizulis

avizulis Lurker

If you are still interested, there's a powerful new Android app from Mindspark Inc called Grades2Go Mobile for Android. It's available as a free download on a lot of marketplaces already. Go to Grades2Go.com details and download info, or search for it in the Android Market.

The mobile app works together with a Windows desktop application, Grades2Go for Desktop, so that school, section and student info can be entered in a convenient way rather than on a smartphone/tablet. The desktop and mobile get synced via USB cable and a sync program after the initial data entry on the desktop and then as needed afterwards. Desktop also provides powerful automated PDF report capabilities. Mindspark says this is the first database platform designed specifically for teachers.

Grades2Go Mobile works great on the Amazon Kindle Fire (will be approved for Kindle shortly in Amazon Appstore). That's an affordable $199.

Take a look!