1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Graphic equaliser for music player?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bonerp, Apr 15, 2010.

1. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Project Manager
    UK
    Is there one kicking around or in dev?

Sound is pants!

Advertisement

2. digital_slave

digital_slave Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I agree... the music on mine appears to be very high on the treble and goes through me!

3. bazza

bazza Active Member

Apr 10, 2010
    No doubt one will become available at some point whether it be an app or on an update from HTC.

I don't have any complaints with mine tbh. Make sure you use decent headphones though, that makes all the difference

4. digital_slave

digital_slave Member

Apr 9, 2010
    I was talking about listening from the speaker. It's very useful listening to streams in the shower...but like I said, its too high on the treble.

Hopefully and app/update is not too far away.

5. Totally agree - headphones fine - speaker way to treble

6. Yenzehn

Yenzehn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Astro Player Beta - Cyrket is an audio playback application in beta which does feature an equalizer, depending on how much you want the feature, it may be worth a try.

[​IMG]

7. PawPaw

PawPaw Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    UK
    I'd also like to see one which EQs all sound played back through the speaker like ringtones and notifications. Even on full volume they are not as loud as i'd like and way to much treble.

8. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Project Manager
    UK
    Equaliser doesnt work and you have to add each album/playlist manually on the Astra beta. Needs lots of work still but has potential.

9. miasma

miasma Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Agreed it may be a need for the crap (although what do you honestly expect?) external speaker, but as far as headphones is concerned it's far better to buy as decent/flat response pair of headphones as you can afford, and listen to the music the way the person who mixed it intended.

Also, EQ does pretty nasty things to your phase response in return for the favourable impact on the frequency balance, and there's a lot of evidence to suggest the human ear/brain resolves frequency imbalance much more readily than phase.

10. opethian23

opethian23 New Member

Mar 18, 2011
    What about Winamp for Android?

Sorry - just realised it doesn't have an Equaliser

11. ben.fred

ben.fred Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    power am p pro, or flash to Insertcoins DHD rom :)

12. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    +1 for PowerAmp - though ironically I turn the equaliser off myself! But a very good music player generally.

13. bigt

bigt Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Admin
    Hereford
    I use Equalizer BETA, an app from the market

14. Stucky

Stucky Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Avoiding the obvious jokes/comments about showering with your phone - just invest in a pair of cheap laptop speakers. There's loads on Ebay, some run off a couple of AA batteries and provide reasonable sound for a few quid.

15. Missing_Link

Missing_Link Well-Known Member

May 8, 2010
    To get around the shower issue I have a pair of Sony MBS-400 Bluetooth speakers which were a bit of a legacy item from my Sony Ericsson W902 phone days.

I pair them, stick the speakers on the bathroom window sill and stick the phone in another room. Works pretty well. Can't skip tracks on the speaker controls, only turn down the volume. They're not the best quality ever but they do the job. You can get them quite cheap now compared to the RRP. Shop around though, there may be better speakers out there... but the concept is a good one I think :)

WRT Equaliser, I read somewhere that this was being addressed in a firmware update - 2.3 ?. There's no native EQ which is pretty annoying and a lot of the media players need your files to be MP3 which is even more annoying as I have a mixture of MP3 and WMA files.

The best media player I have found is the paid-for Meridian. No EQ, but it just works really well. Maybe this guy will add one at some point in the future ?. Who knows...

HTH

16. robinta

robinta Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    P.o.w.e.r.a.m.p. great player, equalizer and preamp.

Tags: