• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Graphics Capabilities...

hotfuss

Lurker
Apr 14, 2010
So I've been looking around the internet at the moment and can see that a few phones are starting to get close to a completed playstation emulator. The n900, the hd2, and a black berry i seem to re-call.

Is there any reason why the desire wouldn't be able to do the same?

I would love to play final fantasy 7, to the point at which i'm tempted to try out an n900 for a few days (i've only just received my desire and would still be able to cancel...), I'm aware they're not playing at full speed yet, but am more wondering if people think the desire would be capable of running a playstation emulator, should decent software be written in the future!

It's the graphics chipset that counts here. That's why a PSP @ 333MHz CPU can run a PS1 emulator easily, because it's a dedicated games system. Phones have a lot more going on, and aren't designed for gaming, even at the PS1 level. The line is bluring more with the games on the Android Market/App Store etc, but those games are still designed for a phone which isn't designed for games.

Anyway, a PS1 emulator would skull**** your battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones