• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Graphics lag test - anyone still running 2.0.1?

spottyelephant

Android Enthusiast
Jul 31, 2009
Apparantly the 2.1 update has reduced the graphics capabilities of the Droid, and therefore I'm assuming the Milestone too.

Unfortunately, I never ran the lag test before I updated to 2.1 so I can't say whether my phone is better or worse off in the graphics department.

Currently running official 2.1, my average fps sits at about 37.

Can anyone still running 2.0.1 download this app , run it, and post their results here?

I'd be interested to know whether the reports on the Droid's graphics are the same as on our Milestones. And of course we then need to make Motorola aware!

really 30FPS on a screen this size is more than enough, why are you people crying?

Well it's also if there's an intense game that would have normally have been running up at 60, and at some particularly heavy graphical moments would drop to 30. But if you're already running at 30, what's gonna happen when the framerate drops..

Upvote 0
Well it's also if there's an intense game that would have normally have been running up at 60, and at some particularly heavy graphical moments would drop to 30. But if you're already running at 30, what's gonna happen when the framerate drops..

I've been thinking about it, and the locked framerate of 2.1 is probably the reason for the speed up, freeing massive amounts of system time rendering things we can't see anyway for actually doing some calculations.

Also, super troll up there, I have played an emulator on 2.1, and its fine for me. Surprising considering I actually bought my own arcade machine because I hate sub par console games. Hmmm.

The only thing that annoys me on the topic of visual stuff on 2.1 for the milestone is it seems now my H.264 videos go out of sync more often than they used to. I can live.

Upvote 0
I've been thinking about it, and the locked framerate of 2.1 is probably the reason for the speed up, freeing massive amounts of system time rendering things we can't see anyway for actually doing some calculations.

Also, super troll up there, I have played an emulator on 2.1, and its fine for me. Surprising considering I actually bought my own arcade machine because I hate sub par console games. Hmmm.

The only thing that annoys me on the topic of visual stuff on 2.1 for the milestone is it seems now my H.264 videos go out of sync more often than they used to. I can live.

Well whatever the case...hopefully we won't have to wait too long for all this to change with Froyo...:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones