• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help graphics performance lagging after jelly bean (and factory reset)

lasertown

Lurker
Apr 22, 2011
Hi all,

I just recently updated my htc one x (at&t) to jelly bean and I noticed that many games I used to play are now unplayable due to laggy graphics performance. I read online that a factory reset was a good idea after any os upgrade, so I went ahead and did that, but still saw no improvement.

I dabble in programming games for android so I ran some tests. What my results indicate is that the calls down to the GPU are taking much longer than before (explains the lag I'm seeing). I ran the same tests on my previous phone, the motorola atrix, and it performed MUCH better, on par with my ICS htc one x.

Has anyone else experienced this or know if the jellybean update changed the graphics driver in any way? My next step if I can't resolve this is to root my phone and install a custom ROM.

Thanks,
Mike

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones