1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Graphics Resources

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Loremaster, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Loremaster

Loremaster Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2014
    I'm sure many of you face the same problem as I do when I am coding games. I have a lot of great ideas, and I can throw a functioning engine together in no time. The problem is the graphics stink. I am just not an artistic person. I've read countless guides promising to make me a pixel art prodigy, but my art still sucks something terrible.

For those of you who know where I am coming from, what kind of solutions have you come across? Any Free Use or Cheap Use resources you're willing to share?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    You use 2 people to create a game, a programmer and an artist. The same as with any program.

3. Loremaster

Loremaster Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2014
    For those who are making hobby games that they do not expect to see a financial return on, getting a second person is more of a problem than a solution. When was the last time you worked for free?

4. ProjectLiquid

ProjectLiquid Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 14, 2014
    Senior QA Tester, Activision
    Galactic Layline
    I'm kinda the opposite. I have some decent art skills haha. But, I currently lack the ability to code. Which I hope to teach myself to a respectable level.

5. TomerGott

TomerGott Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2014
    Male
    Apps developement
    Israel
    if you have photoshop skills you can create good graphics. The only thing you need is inspiration, there are websites that can help you choose your colors for example: colorcombo.com
    for creating your graphic assets you need to learn and get ideas from others and try to create similar. try dribbble.com for insipration.
    good luck
    P.S.
    there is one post from ProjectLiquid that has graphic skills but not development skills try to work together :)

6. ProjectLiquid

ProjectLiquid Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 14, 2014
    Senior QA Tester, Activision
    Galactic Layline
    Sure, Ill be willing to take all your Ideas, (I mean,) Help you with your ideas. haha:stupido2:

In all seriousness though, I'm not bad at photoshop. I will say that I'm a bit rusty but nothing like a project of some sort to get rid of all that rust eh.

If you'd like, feel free to check out my website on my profile to see some of my work. some of it is a bit old though.