• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GRave Defence

i am up to level 10 in gold :( any tips?

One of the valuable lessons I learned was that Tesla Coils are often an excellent way to deal with waves of bats and other monsters. They lose their effectiveness with later waves that require much more to kill, but can solve scenarios that seem almost impossible otherwise. Try locating a Tesla Coil beside a Freezer so that monsters move more slowly around the coil.

Upvote 0
What bothers me is the ****ing kamakazi zombies. What the **** is the point. I emailed the developer today to see if he's keeping or taking it away in the next update because its next to impossible to get passed some levels which in turn is a massive turn off. I love the game but its a game breaker

The Kamikazis make it interesting. You definitely can deal with them with a little effort. The obvious most useful weapon is mines. If you know where the kamikazis are going to enter, you don't put valuable resources nearby and you figure out where to put the mines you'll use to blow them up. I've also found that fully matured cannons can shoot them at a distance and destroy them before they have a chance to do any damage. The castle is the most difficult level I found for kamikazes, and only for the ones that enter at the top right of the play area. It is difficult to avoid losing good resources when they are blown up, but I've beat the Castle level, with its kamikazis, on the insane level of difficulty. The only one I still have not conquered is level 19 at insane difficulty, and I'll admit that level 20, the new one, is giving me some fits.

Upvote 0
I've managed to beat every level in insane mode of the HD version except level 7 of the gold mission. Any tips on that one?

One sneaky thing I figured out is to use Titanium Backup to save the game. Then if I screw up, I just restore the data only, resume the game, and I'm back where I was without having to re-do everything. It's very helpful in insane mode on some of the longer levels.

Upvote 0
Level 7 is surprisingly difficult, because you are so limited in resources and at insane difficulty it takes so much more damage to kill the monsters. I lost my GD history when I changed Android versions, so I can't verify that I beat level 7 on insane difficulty, but I thought I went through all the levels up to 19 at insane difficulty. I still have not managed to beat level 19 at insane difficulty. Your technique of backing up is a good one that I had not thought about. I lost many hours going over the same steps at insane difficulty to get to the point where new tactics could be tried and picking up a saved state would have been really useful.

Upvote 0
I beat level 7 at insane difficulty tonight. The answer for me was using a rocket launcher from the beginning and creating as many upgraded vulcans as I could. I found if I could keep the first zombie from reaching the exit, I was basically OK. I stayed with the combination of vulcans and rocket launchers until about wave 18 when I created a couple of cannons to give some added destructive punch. The rocket launchers seem to recharge a lot faster than cannons, thus work better at the start of the level.

Upvote 0
The Kamikazis make it interesting. You definitely can deal with them with a little effort. The obvious most useful weapon is mines. If you know where the kamikazis are going to enter, you don't put valuable resources nearby and you figure out where to put the mines you'll use to blow them up. I've also found that fully matured cannons can shoot them at a distance and destroy them before they have a chance to do any damage. The castle is the most difficult level I found for kamikazes, and only for the ones that enter at the top right of the play area. It is difficult to avoid losing good resources when they are blown up, but I've beat the Castle level, with its kamikazis, on the insane level of difficulty. The only one I still have not conquered is level 19 at insane difficulty, and I'll admit that level 20, the new one, is giving me some fits.

If you care he never replied but i found out the bombs are VERY effective against those kamikazi fellas

i found the castle level to be ALOT of fun and Very hard but i passed it eventually

im stuck on ragnorak i cant for the life of me get passed the deaths/big ugly fellas i cant remember the name

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones