• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I've heard great things about it, but the previews about Sandra Bullock just drifting through space screaming makes me think to wait til Netflix or drop box :rolleyes:

no you should watch it on the big screen to really appreciated the effect of floating thru space.

the way the camera was shot (or cgi.....LOL) really made you feel almost as helpless as Sandra Bullock free floating thru space as she does.....not sure how that effect would be like on a small screen.

this is a big screen movie and every one should see it!!!!!!!

plus 3D IMAX was AMAZING!!!!!!

edit: sorry but i would be screaming my head off if i was tumbling out of orbit in free space too :eek:

Upvote 0
no you should watch it on the big screen to really appreciated the effect of floating thru space.

I haven't seen it yet, but would have to agree that this is a movie to be viewed at a theater/IMAX.

What's more, it's already set up to be the most amazing sequel ever, starting right where this one ends. I had a story for that but didn't want to spoil it for the others.

Really? Wow, wasn't expecting that.

Now I really want to see it :)

Upvote 0
it's already set up to be the most amazing sequel ever

Really? Wow, wasn't expecting that.

It doesn't really play out with another blatant sequel-driven ending, but the more you think about it afterwards, the more you can envision. It would end up being a completely different movie. I'm not even sure the producer had a sequel in mind, but I'd be happy to help him with it ;).

Upvote 0
I hardly ever bother to go to a theater and see a movie anymore. So when I do, it had better be good. Gravity, seen in 3D, is, at this moment, the most riveting, most believable impossibility I have ever seen.

I'm not gonna explain anything – just go see it.

I completely agree. Last time I went to movie theater was 2 years ago, but when I saw movie preview, I ran into IMAX like 5 year old for an ice cream truck.

Upvote 0
it depends......if they like strong female leads then they would love Sandra Bullock. there are moments in the movie where she shows her tough side as well as her vulnerabilities....add a little bit of Apollo 13 and heart pounding free fall from space and you have Gravity.

there is not much cussing or sex or even romance in this movie.....everything happens in space.

read a small little article in rolling stone which talks how they developed the movie....it sounded pretty cool.....can't wait for the blu-ray and see how they actually filmed it.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
No guns, no fists, no foul talk, no tongues, not a hint of sex... misses all the requisite candies of a modern American movie. And oddly enough, that's exactly what makes it so wonderful.

There's one or two instances of the F word, which I thought guaranteed an R rating, but no longer I suppose. Other than that, you're right.
My only concern is it is a bit "scary". Not sure if too much for an under 10 year old.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones