1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Gray or White?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ab2502, May 1, 2012.

1. ab2502

ab2502 Lurker

So what color do you guys prefer for the one x? What are the pros and cons of each?

2. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

3. moix

moix Member

white.

4. Seany B

Seany B Lurker

White.
    Only con I can think of is it may show up a bit more dirt and finger marks than the grey but when it looks 100x better then is it really that important? They all get dirty some time.
    Plus get yourself a nice clear case and you have nothing to worry about.

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Went for the grey, but given the case I have, it wouldn't have mattered if I'd got white, you can hardly see the phone.

6. blacktea

blacktea Member

White stands out way more than the gray version of course, but staining is a problem once again with the white device. Especially near the area where the phone touches your ear while on a call. Mine has stained to a light pinkish gray already, the color just seems off where the front camera is. Definately taking it to HTC and see if they have a solution to clean it off.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I went for the grey, but the white sort of highlights the screen and looks so much better. But I would never have a white phone, I don't even get white tee- shirts. I have an inability to keep clean, held over from childhood :)

8. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member

White, and im glad i did, looking at the two side by side in the shop it was an easy decision for me. Also wanted a change from the desire which was grey

9. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

Grey for me since it was the only one going for $49 @RS.

Even if given the choice, I would still choose grey. Much more manlier in appearance.

10. mat

mat Member

11. danyfra

danyfra Newbie

Gray as well for me

12. ukplay

ukplay Newbie

13. kilasix9

kilasix9 Android Enthusiast

I went with white too. It looks a lot nicer and I put it in a case and screen protector anyways so getting it dirty isn't much of an issue.

14. webbo254

webbo254 Newbie

I went for the grey as Orange in the UK dont offer the white one!

15. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert

I went for grey, have you ever seen what happens to white plastic if you have read a newspaper & then picked it up afterwards.

16. karmamule

karmamule Well-Known Member

Picking up a white one on Sunday! :-D

I think it looks much more striking and I'm all stocked up on pocket sized microfiber cleaning cloths.

17. GetZwole

GetZwole Lurker

Bought a white one Sunday. Love it, I think it looks much better then the grey.

18. deakodude

deakodude Member

Grey for me..........came from Brown HTC Desire.

19. atlbuc

atlbuc Android Enthusiast

Bought the White on Sunday and took it back on Monday for the Grey. Put the white in motorcycle vest pocket and it was dirty when I got home.

20. callihan_44

callihan_44 Member

just saw the white in the att store, it look grimey already...think I will get the gray

21. dylando808

dylando808 Well-Known Member

i picked up the white. it just looked so good to me!
    but it inevitable that it will stain. i just know it.. i have a White PS3 controller and it's stained from all the long hours of gaming. but then again i take care of my phones better than my controllers...
    and i don't wanna put a case on the phone because i like the look of it without one.

22. Paul_59

Paul_59 Newbie

I chose grey, due to concerns you mention.
    However I now wish I had picked the white case, as I agree it looks better

23. RetroDude

RetroDude Well-Known Member

I have the white phone, even with brand new jeans on i did not get any staining. However it sounds like i just got lucky. On the first one x i had there was some yellow/green staining around the earpiece. However that rubbed off to a perfect finish with a wet finger. So far with my new one no staining anywhere on the device.

24. ukplay

ukplay Newbie

i dont know what people are doing with their white ones to get them so filthy. My white One X goes in and out of my blue or black jeans pockets multiple times a day, every day - i have had it since launch and it is still sparkly white with no blemishes...

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews