1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Great App For Those Interested

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by BrandonOptimus, Aug 2, 2013.

1. BrandonOptimus

BrandonOptimus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Male
    Jersey
    I have come across a new app on market known as Locket: swipe in cash out. I must say that if you do enjoy unlocking your phone to earn a penny per unlock every time you turn on your device it is worth it! Especially when you have your PayPal as well with it!. Right now its in beta. What it does is basically show an ad on your lock screen and you either swipe to the left to view the ad or to the right to just unlock your phone. Easy isn't it? Downside is since its in beta all we get is 3¢ max an hour for all those times we unlocked it :( but it's better than nothing don't you think?!?! :D anywho I'm just sharing my opinion of this app. Its very handy. I been using it for about almost 2 days. And now have $1.20... 3¢ per hour for 24 hours is 72¢ per day. 72¢ for 30 days. That's 21.60 a month for just unlocking a phone :D. So those out there who are willing to go and try it. Try it out, there is nothing to lose. And besides, who doesn't like gaining money ;)?

Advertisement

xploPR likes this.
  2. striker325

striker325 Member
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Teacher Assistant
    Los Angeles CA
    Thanks for the info!
    I am downloading the app to give it a try!!!
    Hey extra money doesn't hurt!

3. xploPR

xploPR Android Expert
    None

Mar 12, 2012
    Richmond, VA.
    Interesting, will check it out now, thanks.

4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Mar 9, 2012
    Male
    Reno, Nevada
    Hope ya don't mind me moving this into it's proper forum which is the apps forum.

Cheers :)

funkylogik likes this.
  5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    No offence op but a lot of people have introduced this fantastic new app in this forum without really explaining how it works, the limitations to how/how much you can realisticly expect to receive and its impact on your data plan :beer:

6. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2012
    Why would anyone want to give their PayPal account information to an advertising app? How can anyone feel comfortable that such confidential financial information won't be misused or disseminated to others?

7. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Android Expert
    None

Jan 12, 2010
    Male
    Process Engineer
    Winston-Salem, NC
    If it sounds too good to be true ...

8. BrandonOptimus

None

Sep 19, 2011
    Male
    Jersey

Paypal is way safer than giving out your personal info. But that's IMO. And no. It adds to the email ;)

9. BrandonOptimus

None

Sep 19, 2011
    Male
    Jersey
    After reading the privacy info at the developers website I come to understand that it collect PayPal info. Hint: Collects info, but strongly decides not to share anything unless with your approval. The most it shall share is when you buy something from one of the ads it shall it gives them proper information such as shipping address. but that's if you buy from the ad. And it needs the PayPal info. To deposit into your account. It does not share the info of linked bank accounts, credit cards, etc etc..

If you are still not sure how secure it is. They even send you emails for security and support. And also encourage the person to send them emails and contact them if they are so skeptical.

What I have also read is that when it comes to sharing info, it is ad relatable. To send you ads of what "You" like. What really does convince me though is how they encourage you to disclose personal info with the ads.

What more is to it? I don't think these people would want to steal money from us. They make more and more every time we view the ad. A penny isnt much but it's something. But who knows how much their getting paid? Probably more than what we expect.

Anywho . hope you guys enjoy this :D

funkylogik likes this.
  10. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2012
    The "privacy info" you link to seems to be a ruse. Hint: you're trying way, way too hard.

11. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    It's not a ruse. The URL is being filtered. Sometimes overzealous developers offer a promotional bonus for people who post their URL to blogs and boards. This ends up having a lot of unnecessary posts about the same app and it is against forum rules to "spam by proxy". It is therefore blocked.

The app itself is a lockscreen replacement that throws ads on your lockscreen with the promise of earning cash back. It's available on the play store with links to the developers website if you want to read the privacy statement. It sounds very annoying if you ask me.

funkylogik and BrandonOptimus like this.
  12. BrandonOptimus

None

Sep 19, 2011
    Male
    Jersey

Well I'm not looking for an argument or anything but :\ To me it's 100% safe. I'm not a promoter or part of their team. I'm just a user who wanted to share this with people. So if you don't want to use it because of the concern of privacy and how secure it is then don't use it.

But yes, the ads do get quite annoying if you tend to turn on your phone often

And it wasn't a link for anything else besides the policy. But they have a website and all you guys can go see for yourself haha

funkylogik likes this.
  13. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    Folks, the reason we're seeing so many posts about it is that there is a $1 referral bonus. That means if one person signs up with my referral code, I get 100x as much as I get for unlocking my screen.

I tried this app a few weeks ago when someone else posted it. It doesn't run right on my phone. I occasionally get its lock screen, usually I just get the default one (and my account doesn't get credited). When I do get it, it doesn't respond properly. I believe the failure is not likely to be experienced on average and high-end phones, but my bottom-of-the-barrel unit can't handle simple tasks sometimes.

IIRC you don't need to, they can mail you a gift card if you prefer.

If it ran properly on my Venture I think it might not be particularly annoying, just a different lockscreen wallpaper every time I see it. The few ads I saw were not annoying, and in fact (as much as I hate to admit it) I found them aesthetically pleasing compared to my usual flat black wallpaper.