1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Great app to save battery by reducing screen brightness.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xkravenx, Dec 20, 2012.

1. xkravenx

xkravenx Member

I have always thought the brightness in the screen was to bright on the EVO V. Even in complete darkness turning on the screen would almost blind me.

Well I found this app called Auto-Brightness on the app Store and it's great. I have completely changed the increment level for brightness according to the built-in sensor.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.velis.auto.brightness

[​IMG] [​IMG]

When is completely dark, I set the brightness to the minimum, when is very bright to the max.

This has saved me about 10%-15% of battery per day. At this time of the day I should have about 55% battery. I am still at 68%. 7 hours unplugged.

ramjet73 and adamhos1234 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. adamhos1234

adamhos1234 Android Expert

Just tried it, let's see if it helps!

3. sdrowkcaB

sdrowkcaB Newbie

I use RootDim but this app looks pretty cool Ill have to check it out.

4. rs98

rs98 Well-Known Member

It seems cool, but how do I use it? I read the instructions, but it seems to be glitching...? The curve goes up, plateaus at the top, and then goes down at the end.

5. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Android Expert

Don't turn brightness below 10, or the phone will get the suck on the screen lock and reboots when making calls.

Also, I prefer the "Display Brightness" app as it puts a handy widget in the status bar.

6. zmauls

zmauls Newbie

MidnightRomS has a pretty decent auto brightness moderator.

7. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Android Expert

It's the same for any Evo V rom with Leedroid tweaks (particularly Harmonia), and it only goes down to 15-20%.

These apps let you go a bit darker.