1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Great Case for

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wilk007, May 5, 2011.

1. Wilk007

Wilk007 Lurker
    None

May 5, 2011
    Ebay : Item number: 380333757085

Fits like a glove!

Advertisement

2. MagicMarker

MagicMarker Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    That's what I've got, and it is good. I have it on now.

3. wrightbyname

wrightbyname Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2011
    I also got this one, but from Amazon. It came with two Terrapin screen protectors for 3 pounds (free delivery). I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality and looks of the case, and the Terrapin screen protectors seem to get decent reviews for the price (not tried them yet, but need to get one on as I scratched my iPhone screen on a jeans rivet the other week). This'll do until some really great alternatives come out.

SAMSUNG i9100 GALAXY S II SOLID BLACK "S" CURVE GEL: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Eventually I'd really like a better-looking hybrid gel/skeleton case like the Switcheasy range (which they only do for Apple devices, sadly), but this will do for now. I managed to drop my iPhone a few times before I got a case for it, so I wanted to make sure I had something from day 1 for the SGS2. Even then, my first iPhone case was one of those "leather" flip designs that was great for the screen but still left the corners exposed when I inevitably kept on dropping it. Shame Switcheasy won't consider making cases for other manufacturers' devices - they look very distinctive.

4. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2009
    Guru
    Ipswich
    I dont plan to put a case on mine, why make it any thicker than it needs to be?
    My last phone was 2 years old, has a few dinks on the corners but nothing major. Plus if anything major happens the phone is insured.

5. wrightbyname

wrightbyname Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2011
    If your insurance covers accidental damage then you're fine. A lot of policies don't cover that, though. They will inspect the phone extremely carefully for signs it's been damaged, as even a small drop can cause a hairline crack in the screen that may only stop working weeks later (happened to my iPhone but Apple was very good about replacing it anyway). With a case, even if you do drop it, there is less likely to be visible damage on the outside of the phone itself, and therefore it won't look like accidental damage and may be covered by a warranty - in which case there's no need for the insurance during the first year anyway. I've learned my lesson about keeping phones away from water, back pockets etc. - I just need to worry about dropping it!

Personally I find insurance with accidental damage cover very expensive (typical seems about 6 pounds per month, which is over 140 pounds over two years) - I'd rather take care of the phone and self-insure. But perhaps there are better deals around. How does your policy look, if I may ask?