• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great data throttled even though I am on the old unlimited plan WTF!

dulal18

Android Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2011
They sent me a text today telling me I have reached my 1024mb data limit blah blah although 4g stays on, but the speeds are same as metros 1x phone. I hope no one else will go through this shit and hopefully be grandfathered in the unlimited plan and anyway I had it for over 7 month, but they did this

guess i'll just throw this in here too:

The salesperson that told you the $50 plan was unlimited was telling you a half truth. Under the old plan you got one gig of "video streaming" which means only stuff like netflix, hbogo, and rhapsody counted towards your data usage. You could still surf the web and do everything else and not be charged for data usage. Under the new plans all data usage is counted so you were doing the things you usually do and it was all counting towards your data usage.

This is why you were able to use so much data before and not get throttled. You can't do that now.

Upvote 0
They sent me a text today telling me I have reached my 1024mb data limit blah blah although 4g stays on, but the speeds are same as metros 1x phone. I hope no one else will go through this shit and hopefully be grandfathered in the unlimited plan and anyway I had it for over 7 month, but they did this

Could you give us an estimate on your monthly usage? I have not seen a change to my account, but I do not use much data. I would guess around 1GB per month. I am wondering if they are switching the heavy users to the new way of counting data even though they are supposed to be grandfathered in. That would be bad CS, but then again Metro is known for that...

Upvote 0
Could you give us an estimate on your monthly usage? I have not seen a change to my account, but I do not use much data. I would guess around 1GB per month. I am wondering if they are switching the heavy users to the new way of counting data even though they are supposed to be grandfathered in. That would be bad CS, but then again Metro is known for that...

I am a heavy user and my data still shows unlimited. I use at least 40 gigs a month. I am guessing it takes a little longer for them to reach us on the west coast. (bay area) i only noticed the change in our voicemail options last week and i seen another thread about that from a few months ago.

Upvote 0
Did you call them?

How much you paying for unlimited?

They throttled my unlimited also. For a second I thought I was the only one.

You could read the thread here

I didnt want to bother calling them but the next day it was back to the speed. Have you already waited for more then a day and its still the same? if it is hopefully they will fix that

Upvote 0
I didnt want to bother calling them but the next day it was back to the speed. Have you already waited for more then a day and its still the same? if it is hopefully they will fix that

Are you checking on metros website??
the data bar is like i never used it.. and i ve been using it..
im in the 50 plan...
also in the overview when u open the account my phone dissapeard from there..
at the same time this happend i couldnt use visual voice mail and also myMetro which is 611.. it doesnt recognize my account and phone number :S
everything else works fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones