1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Great data throttled even though I am on the old unlimited plan WTF!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dulal18, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dulal18

dulal18 Android Enthusiast

They sent me a text today telling me I have reached my 1024mb data limit blah blah although 4g stays on, but the speeds are same as metros 1x phone. I hope no one else will go through this shit and hopefully be grandfathered in the unlimited plan and anyway I had it for over 7 month, but they did this

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Android Expert

Well that sucks. What plan are you on? I'm on the 60 a month and it still says unlimited when I check my account. Even though we're not on contracts metro shouldn't mess with their existing customers. Bad move on their part.

3. mt1126

mt1126 Newbie

Well maybe you can try deleting the files in the throttle folder using Root browser. Its in Data~system~throttle. Make sure you make a backup in case you need to replace them.

4. THE W

THE W Android Expert

guess i'll just throw this in here too:

5. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

Could you give us an estimate on your monthly usage? I have not seen a change to my account, but I do not use much data. I would guess around 1GB per month. I am wondering if they are switching the heavy users to the new way of counting data even though they are supposed to be grandfathered in. That would be bad CS, but then again Metro is known for that...

6. airtioteclint

I am a heavy user and my data still shows unlimited. I use at least 40 gigs a month. I am guessing it takes a little longer for them to reach us on the west coast. (bay area) i only noticed the change in our voicemail options last week and i seen another thread about that from a few months ago.

7. dulal18

Never mins guys the data back to the normal speed today I guess they made a mistake when they sent that data limit text and throttle my speed since yesterday afternoon

8. airtioteclint

Great news man my faith in metro have been restored. Lol

9. THE W

THE W Android Expert

im on the the old $60 unlimited plan and i checked my data usage today after paying my bill and noticed the bar was moved to 5% used.

5% of what! im unlimited jackasses!

10. ohbaby

ohbaby Well-Known Member

Did you call them?

How much you paying for unlimited?

They throttled my unlimited also. For a second I thought I was the only one.

You could read the thread here

11. dulal18

I didnt want to bother calling them but the next day it was back to the speed. Have you already waited for more then a day and its still the same? if it is hopefully they will fix that

12. brian1984

brian1984 Well-Known Member

Are you checking on metros website??
    the data bar is like i never used it.. and i ve been using it..
    im in the 50 plan...
    also in the overview when u open the account my phone dissapeard from there..
    at the same time this happend i couldnt use visual voice mail and also myMetro which is 611.. it doesnt recognize my account and phone number :S
    everything else works fine.

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews