• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great deals: Ebay Vs. B&H, Vs. Amazon Vs. etc, etc.

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
Being ready to pull the trigger on a new LG V30, I found the prices not that much different from the latest Galaxy, so I shopped around and saw some deals on Ebay for a measly $479, and wanted to jump all over it, but thought I'd let cooler heads (you guys, especially Hadron and JFalls) prevail by asking a general question.
What have any of your experiences with buying fairly new smartphones from ebay, or Amazon, been, and are my suspicions that they'll send me an LG V30 case filled with galaxy 2 p[arts, unfounded?
Also, are there other places besides Ebay, B&B, Amazon, and Gearbest, to find less publicized deals on newer hardware?
And heaven forbid, buying some refurbished or dreaded "Slightly used" model that may have been dropped in god knows what cheese dip/punch bowl/sewer, right?
Thanks!

PM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-V30-H93...149937&hash=item3b0b8d1687:g:-CQAAOSw~fJal0iP

Last edited:
It's best to stick with the known reputable sellers and avoid the free marketplace third-party ones like you'll find on Ebay and Amazon. Getting the cheapest price should not be the primary goal here, if that cheap phone isn't what it's supposed to be (gray market, wrong model, counterfeit etc.) you haven't really saved anything.
I agree with Swappa as a reliable source, the sellers and phones have to be verified before they can sell there.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones