• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great galaxy note cases

Going to upgrade to the note in 7 days and was wondering what great cases are available for it.

---
I am here: Google Maps

We have 3 new Notes in our home and had to buy 3 cheap TPU s-line cases for them because there isn't much available yet. There are some aluminum bumper cases on Ebay that look like the iPhone Element vapor cases, but they are for European model only.
Hopefully some will come out soon. A $600 phone with a $5.95 piece of plastic on it is just wrong.

Upvote 0
This is from the accessories thread. Looks really nice:

The following accessory is documented by xda member phillyrican, all credit goes to him in his thread. I am just listing this one since its my favorite.

Zenus has a few accessories for the Galaxy Note. One of which I like is the kickstand case. (Which they made for other phones as well)

Ironically their ebay listing is only $0.50 cheaper than their website.
ZenusCapsuleStand.png

TS

Upvote 0
I'm using boxwave's unicolor case and love it.

http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-UniColor-Samsung-GALAXY-Frosted/dp/B000IN1ZPI

Fits like a glove and provides pretty good protection. The back is frosted but still transparent enough that the "Galaxy Note" logo shows very clearly. I ordered the white one but it's available in black also.

I'm keeping my eye on seidio's website though for when they will release their "Active case with kickstand".

http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-galaxy-note-active-case-black-p/csk3ssgntk-bk.htm

Take a look at their skyrocket cases to get an idea of what the cases for the note will look like.

http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-skyrocket-active-case-glossed-white-p/csk3ssskyk-gl.htm

Gonna be torn though as to whether I'll use it over my current case but seidio cases offer great protection and the kickstand is a great feature.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I should be receiving the 'Barely There' case by Case-Mate today. I'll let you know what I think of it once I get it. Only $25

Just wondering how you like the case so far. I'm noticing that i think my case adds a bit more thickeness than i realized. I took the phone out of the case and was surprised at how much easier i could grip and handle the phone. So I'm thinking maybe i need a case like barely there which keeps the phones thin profile. would really appreciate your advice on the barely there case. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just wondering how you like the case so far. I'm noticing that i think my case adds a bit more thickeness than i realized. I took the phone out of the case and was surprised at how much easier i could grip and handle the phone. So I'm thinking maybe i need a case like barely there which keeps the phones thin profile. would really appreciate your advice on the barely there case. Thanks!

I got the case on Thursday and I really like it. It's very thin but gives adequate protection. It has the same feel as my Incase for iPhone. I feel it's definitely worth $25.

f5df8f02.jpg

d20e156d.jpg

caae1926.jpg

e6dc539c.jpg

Upvote 0
Just ordered this case from Rearth. Someone mentioned it in a different thread and also found a review for it on youtube who gave it a thumbs up. My current Boxwave Unicolor case adds to much girth and the case also covers the volume/power buttons and require a lot of pressure in order to use them.

So I've been on the hunt for a slimmer case. I decided to go with the Rearth case over the Case-Mate Barely There case since Rearth offers a white version whereas Case-Mate only offers a black version. Will let you know how I like it once it gets here.

Rearth Samsung Galaxy Note SLIM Case

Upvote 0
Got the Rearth case in the mail yesterday and I like it alot. It really is pretty slim and adds no noticeable bulk or girth to the device. Plus I really like the fact that it leaves the power and volume buttons exposed. With the Boxwave Unicolor case it covered the buttons and it was really hard to interact with them. I had to use a lot of pressure in order to press them. Plus like I said earlier the Unicolor case added too much bulk to the device.

But I'm really impressed with the slimness of the rearth case so far. Plus it has little tabs that cover the headphone and mini-usb ports so no lint or anything will get stuck in there. This is exactly what I was looking for. I can now finally put an end to the "great white buffalo case hunt" LOL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones