• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great Home Replacement

Introducing Home++ (Home++ by Intuitit)

I personally like this more then any of the other home replacements because it is the fastest, cleanest, most appealing one out there.
Check it out and comment back.

I love this one. I previously installed it and had some issues, especially with widgets, but it was my favorite user interface. I soon forgot about it and gave panda some time. I had just switched back to default when you started this thread. Following advice on other threads I deleted all my widgets before installing. So far it has worked and my widgets that did not work previously now work. It leads me to believe the developer is really conscientious and paying attention to what people are saying. To the person in this thread that is having widget trouble I say be patient. I am sure the developer will work on it. I had a little bit of force close with trying to add shortcuts, but I was also not patient. So far so good.

Upvote 0
For those of you with lag or battery issues, I read another post on the boards that fixed these issues for me.

Basically you are running 2 homes at the same time. For example you have 2 facebook widgets running one on the original and one on home++. Go to the original stock home screen and remove all the widgets ( I removed all the shortcuts too). Set home++ as your default, I did a reset for the heck of it too. I have had no issues with battery life or lag since.

This makes so much sense. I did this and it sped up my GDE so much. The cube works now in real time.

This is a universal fix that should be done, regardless of which third-party home screen app you use.

Upvote 0
hm, what happened to the running task manager in the latest Home++ update?

Also hate that the dock items have moved around. I was just getting used to them. :D There should be a way to customize what you want down there. For example, I'd much rather have the Google Voice search be the active application when I hit the magnifying glass, not a long press. The ability to arrange the dock items would be nice too.

Upvote 0

Also hate that the dock items have moved around. I was just getting used to them. :D There should be a way to customize what you want down there. For example, I'd much rather have the Google Voice search be the active application when I hit the magnifying glass, not a long press. The ability to arrange the dock items would be nice too.

I would e-mail the developer and let them know what you would like.

Upvote 0
So, if you haven't already, Bo released another version of Home++ about 12 hours ago. If you haven't updated, do it. The previous issue with FC when the Home screen orientation switch is history. No more FC. Just so you know, it was brought to his attention yesterday and he fixed it yesterday. That's awesome right there! Added a few more features to it too. Power Strip items are back to where they used to be.

Upvote 0

The running app manager is still there just slide the shortcut bar (the one with the phone, drawer, etc) at the bottom of the screen

Upvote 0
I was using GDE for a long time, but decided to give Home++ another look after getting tired of GDE's lagginess and the low-res skins. And I'm loving Home++ a lot, maybe it's been especially sweet since I'd been away for a couple weeks and there had been much improvement since then. It's super quick, and I love all the functionality they built in everywhere. Love the long-presses on the shortcut buttons and that you can easily uninstall a program by long-pressing on the trashcan. nd they've done a great job of allowing a lot of customization.

Top notch replacement.

Upvote 0
I would easily replace dxTop with this, if it gave me a bottom bar that I could customize like dxTop. I don't like the bottom bar system that is in this replacement. That is my ONLY pet-peeve with this. Otherwise it runs nice and quick, and I only had one "force close". I put that in quotes because it said it force closed, but then opened right back up .... so not really a problem.

Upvote 0
I'm another that switched from GDE to Home++ recently. It's been smoother and more responsive, and has a good set of features.

What I would like to be able to do is specify the items and their position in the bottom doc. Other than that, I don't have any issues at this point...I'm expecting things to get even better from a performance perspective once I get the 2.01 update.

Upvote 0
really nice. i must say this home program is the best so far and the fact that its free makes it even better. the home screens scroll sooo much smoother than the default stock home.

i had some force close issues where i would just be scrolling through the screens and the fc box would pop up, i just hit wait and it immediately goes away. didnt really seem like it was an actual force close error, more like an annoying random popup. but i went back to the original Home screen and removed all widgets anyway just to be safe, not shortcuts though, just widgets. this seemed to have fixed it.

hope the OTA update wont break it.

Upvote 0
really nice. i must say this home program is the best so far and the fact that its free makes it even better. the home screens scroll sooo much smoother than the default stock home.

i had some force close issues where i would just be scrolling through the screens and the fc box would pop up, i just hit wait and it immediately goes away. didnt really seem like it was an actual force close error, more like an annoying random popup. but i went back to the original Home screen and removed all widgets anyway just to be safe, not shortcuts though, just widgets. this seemed to have fixed it.

hope the OTA update wont break it.

I had that happen a few times too. I reverted to my "blackberry battery pull fix all reflex":) and have not seen the error since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones