1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Great Little War Game

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by RubiconDude, Oct 1, 2011.

1. RubiconDude

RubiconDude Well-Known Member

It's nothing to do with storage space, this is an artificially generated error made by your manufacturer for reasons I'm still struggling to get my head around tbh. :(

If you clear all your download caches and stuff it should work. If not, please get in touch with support and we'll go through some other options.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Wom

Wom Well-Known Member

You guys must be going mad with all those device-related errors. :D

3. RubiconDude

It's certainly been an eye opener! Goes with the territory though I guess.

4. Wom

Wom Well-Known Member

True indeed, and it's worth it considering the latest Gartner numbers. 60.000.000 new smartphones with Android sold in Q3 2011. So that's a lot of potential new costumers! :D

5. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Android Enthusiast

Am I the only one out there who has no idea how to play this game? All that's scattered over the internet are the good reviews on how awesome this game is, but neither the game or the internet show a guide on how to play at all. I don't usually play these types of games, but this looks fun but yeah, I'm just lost completely x.x

6. ogrenator

ogrenator Android Enthusiast

lol what are you confused about....there is a tutorial haha....ask away we will help

7. Wom

Wom Well-Known Member

You need to strategically place your units to defend or attack the enemy. Don't forgot to create new units and make sure to use the corrects ones vs. the enemy forces.

Keep in mind the line of sight and the reach of the weapons with placing your units. It's not rocket science :)

8. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Android Enthusiast

Alright, thanks a lot. Just remove this thread since my friend sort of taught me, so yeah. I just didn't get what the objective was or what I needed to do to finish or even the fact that there were different kinds of men and stuff. I just fail, and yeah, never played any of these kinds of game before. It was funny, too, since games like Doodlejump have an instruction yet this one doesn't...

9. RubiconDude

Thanks for this. We've had a few complaints about the lack of a tutorial, but from my perspective there is one so I don't know what else to add.

If you'd be so kind as to mail me at paul@rubicondev.com with specifics about what you found confusing, it would help immensely for a future update.

10. markus2311

markus2311 Lurker

There is a tutorial included and also, play it, and soon you will get the idea on how to play the game.
    Have fun playing with angrybirds.

11. airamb

airamb Lurker

You may now find the tutorial on google so no worries on playing now. :D

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think of it as a cross between risk and a tower defense game. Awesome once you get it down.

13. Paul, is there a way to "skip a level" should you become frustrated with it? Similar to World of Goo, you can "exit the level" and move on up the chain and then later return to try it again.

Bill

14. RubiconDude

There isn't actually, but it's a good idea and something we shouldn't have overlooked.

We'll be making another update at some point when we've nailed a couple of bugs, so we'll hopefully get that rolled in.

CubeWebDesigns likes this.
  15. basalt

basalt Well-Known Member

I second the call for skipping a level - I've got stuck and not played it for a while, damned good game though.

16. bioforce

bioforce Well-Known Member

Should be noted its 10 cents today for anybody who hasn't tried it yet.

17. RubiconDude

You just beat me to this. :)

Pile in now if you're on the fence as it's not even possible for us to offer the game this cheaply ever again. (Min price settable is a buck unless a man@google does it.)

18. jono_1001

jono_1001 Lurker

Having the same issue but on my Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)
    How have others downloaded it?
    Tried emailing the support link in a previous email, but my mail was bounced :(
    Thnx

19. RubiconDude

That's actually a market error, not the game's. Try clearing your download cache and trying again?

The support address isn't bouncing btw. It's glwgand@rubicondev.com

jono_1001 likes this.
  20. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

For those who don't know how to clear the data and cache. Push menu button > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab > Scroll and tap Market > Clear data. I like to clear the data just to make sure everything bad is cleared out. But clearing the cache should be good enough.

jono_1001 and RubiconDude like this.
  21. jono_1001

jono_1001 Lurker

Emailed the wrong support address
    :eek:

Cleared cache but no difference :thinking:

22. RubiconDude

Our support guy should help out. When that fails it's usually because there's some dodgy file left dangling from market that you need to manually delete. *sigh*

jono_1001 likes this.
  23. jono_1001

jono_1001 Lurker

Excellent level of support from the Rubicon boys.
    Ticket in, immediate response and with the right solution - Nice!

As suggested earlier needed to do a clear data / clear cache but then also a reboot. Straight into Market and voila success.

Thanks to RubiconDude as well.

Did I mention how stunning the Gfx look on the Samsung - awesome work.

RubiconDude likes this.
  24. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Android Enthusiast

Absolute bargain to pick this up at 10p - I hope plenty of people bought it! Although a bit bad for Rubicon to lose out on a lot of money?!

Still my favourite game on my phone but also iPad too.

RubiconDude likes this.
  25. RubiconDude

In theory we might have scored out of this financially, so it's a win-win for everyone.

I only say in theory because I think the google checkout server is overloaded as we've not seen any figures for the last couple of days!