1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Great Little War Game

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by RubiconDude, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Granath

Granath Lurker

Great game although the 20 missions was finished a bit to quick. :/

I hope that new mission updates will come in the future...?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RubiconDude

RubiconDude Well-Known Member

There is another campaign in there - Call of Booty.

We had to take two of the paid in-app campaigns out to get the APK size down, but we will shortly be putting out a separate app with those in it. Kinda like an episode 2.

More details to come when we finalise how it will work.

3. greyopaque

greyopaque Newbie

Love this game so much, I bought it for 3 different platforms... iPad, Android phone (10 cents, very cool), and Chrome. One question.. do I have to purchase it for every Chrome browser on every PC I own? I bought it on my work PC (for lunch breaks... don't laugh), and I expected to be able to play at home, but its saying I have to buy it again.

4. RubiconDude

tbh I don't really know the answer to that. I would seriously expect you to be able to play it anywhere but I've not even tried it myself (devs get in free anyway). I'll fire em a mail.

5. Dalena

Dalena Lurker

Can you play this game with iphone friends?

6. gyoriger

gyoriger Lurker

I love this game thank you for the developer!

RubiconDude likes this.
  7. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Looking forward to trying this game. Does it currently support the Asus Transformer Prime and is it ICS supported as this will be released the day before I get my tablet?

8. RubiconDude

I've seen it installed on transformer, but we've not had the pleasure of ICS yet. Can't see why it won't work right away, but if it doesn't we'll get on it!

JAy3001 likes this.
  9. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Excellent, thanks for the reply RubiconDude. Is the game supported full screen, i mean not blown up to fit the screen?

10. RubiconDude

You actually have either option, though iirc it defaults to proper native size.

11. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Oh ok Rubicon, so does that mean there is not a HD version to fully support tablets yet?

12. RubiconDude

Don't get the question, it runs native on anything.

However if you have one of the tablets with a crap GPU in it, you /also/ have the option to scale the display up from a smaller one.

13. apdobaj

apdobaj Lurker

This game crashes every time I run it on my Vizio tablet. It installed fine from the Market. Android version is 2.3.2. I've run all the updates, other games work fine. I've sent a couple crash reports but no response, hoping somebody can help here. Thx.

14. RubiconDude

You want to go an get the latest update - which was specifically for supporting those tablets. We have one now and it runs fine.

15. chrisjrkim

chrisjrkim Lurker

just got the game. really fun haha

RubiconDude likes this.
  16. apdobaj

apdobaj Lurker

That did it, thanks!

RubiconDude likes this.
  17. RubiconDude

Great stuff.

As you can see, we read crash reports but don't respond to the mails (they might not even have a valid return address as they're somewhat automated). If you (or anyone else) needs to talk to a human, you should contact glwgand@rubicondev.com where the guy there almost is one!

Thanks.

EDIT: Or join our forum at www.rubicondev.com/forum/ It's quiet as it's not been "officially" launched yet, but all our staff check it at least once a day.

18. RubiconDude

If you've seen the iOS game and are wondering where the in-app campaigns went, or you just want some more little war gaming, then this might be to your liking: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rubicon.dev.aow

This is a standalone version of the game that contains just the two missing campaign expansions. It's priced accordingly at $1.99

(Please note tha this is not a sequel, and indeed we've removed some features as we don't want this taking over from the main game. This is simply an opportunity to play the two $0.99 campaigns that the iOS and other versions have. I of course want everyone to buy it, but I'm making this disclaimer as I don't want any disappointments either.)

With that out of the way, I dare you to try it. These expansion campaigns are bloody hard! :)

19. Stopsignhank

Stopsignhank Lurker

Woo Hoo!!!! I begged you on another board to do this but you said at that time that you could not take my money, well you just got another $2 from me!

You just made my day!

20. RubiconDude

Great stuff. We'd been umming and arring about doing this, unsure how existing customers would react. If I have you as the right person you coulda been the guy that tipped the balance! :)

21. Stopsignhank

Stopsignhank Lurker

I am not sure of the rules of this forum so let me just say I talked about it on the TA forum.

I just started the all out war game so I am not sure what features were removed so let me just ask, am I going to be able to get the Grenadier again? It could have helped on the first level a bit. Woulda got gold instead of silver. Oh well, that just means I get to do the level again. :):)

22. RubiconDude

Yeah, same rules apply here. We're considering something different as a bonus for next time.

23. RubiconDude

24. Stopsignhank

Stopsignhank Lurker

I voted for you.

25. RubiconDude

Thanks! There's some tought competition there, but it'd be nice to get on the podium.