• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great movie characters

kevincott

Android Expert
Jul 12, 2011
Chicago, IL
Thought it would be fun to go over some of the great movie characters. Great characters can be almost any role, large or small, but they tend to steal the scene.

Here are five quickies:

- Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday Tombstone
- Antoniono Bandaras as El Mariachi Desparado
- Malcom McDowell as Alex Clockwork Orange
- Darth Vader The Empire Strikes Back

All of these movies I consider classics.

Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs (Anthony Hopkins)
Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver (Robert DeNiro)
The Joker in The Dark Knight (Heath Ledger)
Jack Torrance in The Shining (Jack Nicholson)
Tommy DeVito in Goodfellas (Joe Pesci)
Tony Montana in Scarface (Al Pacino)

All criminals :laugh:

Upvote 0
Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs (Anthony Hopkins)
Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver (Robert DeNiro)
The Joker in The Dark Knight (Heath Ledger)
Jack Torrance in The Shining (Jack Nicholson)
Tommy DeVito in Goodfellas (Joe Pesci)
Tony Montana in Scarface (Al Pacino)

All criminals :laugh:

Dustin Hoffman as Ratso in Midnight Cowboy

I am ashamed to admit I never saw Taxi Driver or Midnight Cowboy, this might push me to finally watch them.

Upvote 0
I have a lot of favorites, but how about Dennis Hopper in True Romance? Not a big part, but memorable. Lots of good characters in that movie, actually.
The one part about this movie that really turned me off, between Dennis Hooper & Chris Walken, how they brought up the **N** word and it wasn't any Blacks in the movie. I wonder why it had to be put into the script.

Just a thought!

Upvote 0
The one part about this movie that really turned me off, between Dennis Hooper & Chris Walken, how they brought up the **N** word and it wasn't any Blacks in the movie. I wonder why it had to be put into the script.

Just a thought!
He said it to piss off the Sicilian gangsters enough to kill him quickly instead of torturing him. He was pushing their buttons.

Upvote 0
Harry Callahan, of course.

dirtyharry1_zps4348f5f8.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones